Know some strategies for the use of technology in education; considering that it is a trend that is being adopted in the modernization of learning and whose incidence has been growing in recent years; Do not miss it.
Strategies for the use of technology in education
For some years the use of technology in education has been growing; in fact, according to studies carried out by the Gartner firm, its incorporation is necessary; But to get the most out of it, you need to follow some strategies, such as the ones mentioned below:
• Give all students access to personalized learning; in such a way that each student has an “education à la carte”, that is; where each one of them chooses the educational profile that is consistent with their profile, needs and resources.
• Implement adaptive eBooks through which they are provided with all the essential content for the fulfillment of their study plan.
• Use a universal system of credentials with which it is possible to recognize the studies completed up to now and that these are valid between educational institutions; in order to continue a career within the training center, which is most convenient for them, without having to start from scratch.
• Choose platforms that stimulate learning, within which education is entertaining and interactive and that provide the student with experiences that are even complemented by the advances in virtual reality.
• Combine educational systems progressively to integrate informal learning into them in a flexible way and according to the individual characteristics of each student.
• Promote social learning, thanks to which it will be possible to learn both from teachers and from other professionals through social networks or internal communication media of companies, with which it is possible to maintain an exchange of knowledge.
It is clear that the best strategy for the use of technology in education is to modernize the learning system; including in the new contents and access facilities to them.
Both teachers and students must learn to use online applications to exchange information, acquire knowledge and evaluate the results obtained during their learning process.
During the incidence of the Covid-19 pandemic in the world, it was clearly demonstrated that distance education can be maintained, without loss of quality and with a greater scope.
The students continued their academic preparation at home, making use of the internet and with this they continued to complete all the necessary activities to fulfill their study plan.
This translated into the fact that they manage to complete their courses successfully and once the health crisis is over; They returned to face-to-face classes.
This experience, practically mandatory; It allowed them to discover the advantage represented by the combination of the use of new technologies within the educational process.
On the other hand, collective work increased, without distance representing a barrier; since each student kept in touch with teachers and classmates, practically daily.
Introducing technology in the classroom is a slow and even complex process; but not impossible; Given that today most students have access to devices with an Internet connection and those who do not have them; they can go to specialized centers from which to gain access.
Although it is not a path full of roses; well worth it, when its results are evaluated; but for this it is necessary to be clear about the objectives and needs of different types of students; choose the ideal ICT partner, encourage group work in the classroom and not be afraid of change.
The student must involve his family, teachers and classmates in his educational process; rely on the resources of your educational center and make the most of technological advances; to achieve success in your professional career.